What's new for IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.3
New features and enhancements are available in IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.3.
IBM Spectrum Protect Snapshot now comes with IBM Spectrum Control
Protecting the application and data that drives your business and is critical to your operations is important to us. That's why IBM Spectrum Control now includes a license for IBM Spectrum Protect Snapshot, which provides fast, application-aware backups and restores, leveraging advanced snapshot technologies to help improve your cyber resiliency.
- IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Spectrum Control Select Edition
- IBM® Virtual Storage Center and IBM Virtual Storage Center Entry
If you have these editions of IBM Spectrum Control, see how to get your copy of IBM Spectrum Protect Snapshot at https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6443435.
For more information about IBM Spectrum Protect Snapshot and its capabilities, see https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/sps.
A new subscription option is available for IBM Virtual Storage Center
New customers can now subscribe to IBM® Virtual Storage Center!
We know that your storage environment constantly changes. Spikes in demand and the ever-increasing need for more capacity are constants. Making it easy for you to get solutions, while also providing more purchase options that fit your unique situation, is important to IBM.
- Download access to the latest versions, releases, and fixes of the solutions in the IBM Virtual Storage Center license.
- IBM support for routine installation, deployment, migration, usage, and code-related technical support questions.
- 24x7 assistance for Severity 1 issues 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Simply open a case from the web, chat, or phone.
To sign up and manage the subscription contract, you can use the familiar Passport Advantage (PA) system. For more information about subscription licenses with IBM, see https://www.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/subscriptionlicenses.html.
- ESXi 7.0.x Hypervisor is available for Virtual Monitors running on Windows and Linux® operating systems.
For more information about support for hypervisors, see Hypervisors and VMware® monitoring support.
- You can now monitor IBM SAN b-type or Brocade Gen7 switches. For more information about support for switches, see IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.x - Switches
Product fixes and security updates
Limitations and known issues
For information about limitations and known issues that might occur when you use IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.3, see Limitations and known issues.