IBM Virtual Storage Center
IBM® Virtual Storage Center is a storage solution that provides efficient management, data protection, and virtualization for heterogeneous storage environments. It helps enhance storage efficiency, provides greater mobility, and delivers stronger control over storage performance and management.
- IBM Spectrum Control
- IBM Copy Services Manager
- IBM Spectrum® Protect™ Snapshot
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize for IBM SAN Volume Controller, including all the functions available with storage virtualization, data reduction pools, HyperSwap® high availability, hybrid cloud and container support, and remote mirroring and FlashCopy® (snapshot).
- Simplified storage management and reporting
- Virtualized physical storage resources for improved asset utilization
- Snapshot-based protection for the databases and applications that are used by IBM Spectrum Control
- Easy data mobility across pools and tiers of storage systems that use IBM Spectrum Virtualize
- Ability to change storage and move data without taking applications down
- Centralized management for visibility, control, and automation
- Helps improve the efficiency and productivity for storage management staff
IBM Virtual Storage Centeris available in three editions, each with different license options to best fit your needs:
|Product||Licensing||Why Choose This Edition|
|IBM Virtual Storage Center (perpetual license)||Measured by the number of storage capacity units (SCUs) that are needed to cover the total usable capacity in tebibytes (TiB) of your storage.||
|IBM Virtual Storage Center (subscription license)||Measured by the total usable capacity in tebibytes (TiB) of your storage.||
|IBM Virtual Storage Center Entry (formerly known as IBM Virtual Storage Center Entry Edition)||Measured by the total usable capacity in tebibytes (TiB) of your storage, with the following limits:
||You use an IBM SAN Volume Controller as your storage virtualization engine and your total usable capacity is less than 1,500 TiBs.|
|IBM Virtual Storage Center for IBM Storwize®||Measured by the number of licenses that are needed for the storage enclosures, modules, or expansions of your storage.||You use an IBM Storwize or FlashSystem 5100 storage system in your environment.|
- Download access to the latest versions, releases, and fixes of the solutions in the IBM Virtual Storage Center license.
- IBM support for routine installation, deployment, migration, usage, and code-related technical support questions.
- 24x7 assistance for Severity 1 issues 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Simply open a case from the web, chat, or phone.
|Category||Drive Classes||Ratio of usable storage to SCU|
|1||Storage Class Memory (SCM) drives and managed disks on IBM Spectrum Virtualize for Public Cloud||1 TiB to 1 SCU|
|2||Flash and Solid-State Drives (SSDs)||
1 TiB to 0.847 SCU
1.18 TiB to 1 SCU
|3||10K Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) Drives, 15K Fibre Channel Drives, and storage systems that use Category 4 drives with advanced architectures||
1 TiB to 0.5 SCU
2 TiB to 1 SCU
|4||Near Line SAS (NL-SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA) Drives||
1 TiB to 0.25 SCU
4 TiB to 1 SCU
What's included in IBM Virtual Storage Center
- Storage monitoring, reporting, and optimization for storage systems, hypervisors, servers, fabrics, and switches. Available on-premises or from IBM Cloud®.
- 3-site replication management
- Application-aware backup and restore operations with snapshot technologies of advanced storage systems
- External storage virtualization
- Easy Tier®
- Metro Mirror and Global Mirror
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize Software for IBM SAN Volume Controller Real-time Compression Software V8
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize Software for IBM SAN Volume Controller Encryption Software
How to get IBM Virtual Storage Center
No matter which edition that you choose, IBM Virtual Storage Center can help save you time and money. It brings together storage management, monitoring, reporting, replication, and virtualization capabilities in one, comprehensive storage solution. You don't need to worry about shopping on your own for the best storage products to help meet your needs -- IBM has already done for that for you with IBM Virtual Storage Center.
To find out more about your purchasing options for IBM Virtual Storage Center, contact your IBM Business Partner or local IBM representative. In the US, to identify your IBM Business Partner or local IBM representative, you can call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).