Keep your colleagues and management up-to-date by sending inventory, capacity, performance, and storage consumption reports by email or by exporting information about your storage environment.
Share the information that is collected about your storage environment by sending reports by email or by exporting the information to create your own reports.
- By creating predefined inventory and capacity reports that you can save to your file system and send by email
- By creating custom reports that you can save to your file system or send by email
- By creating chargeback and consumer reports that you can send by email
- By using the Representational State Transfer (REST) API to get information about storage resources and to generate configuration and performance reports
- By exporting information about the configuration, capacity, and performance of storage resources to HTML, PDF, or CSV files
- To export capacity and performance information about your storage resources from IBM Spectrum Control into spreadsheets and the reports that you create for your organization
- To share information with your colleagues about the storage resources in your environment
- To make your colleagues aware of issues and to help them investigate and resolve capacity and performance issues
You can use an external reporting tool, Cognos® Analytics reporting interface, to view predefined reports and create custom reports about IBM Spectrum Control. For more information, see Reporting with Cognos Analytics.
Predefined, custom, and storage consumption reports
- Predefined reports
- You can use predefined reports:
- To notify colleagues about the capacity issues that affect them, and to monitor the capacity usage of resources, such as storage systems, pools, and servers, to ensure that you have sufficient capacity to meet current usage and to help plan capacity purchases
- To generate inventory reports about your storage assets, such as storage systems, hypervisors, servers, IBM Spectrum Virtualize nodes, and IBM Spectrum Scale nodes
- Custom reports
- You use custom reports to create a variety of reports such as reports that provide information about your storage assets, and capacity and performance reports that provide information about the storage usage and performance of your resources.
Tip: You can open the table view for any resource, such as storage systems, volumes, pools, general groups, applications, and departments and click Create Report to create a custom report that you can save or send in a few simple steps. To create performance reports, open the Performance page for the resource and click Create Report.
- Storage consumption reports
- Chargeback reports make the owners of resources, such as applications, departments, hypervisors, or physical servers, aware of the amount and cost of the block and file storage that is consumed.
- Consumer reports make the owner of a specific resource, such as an application, department, hypervisor, or physical server, aware of the amount and cost of the block and file storage that is consumed.
How to create reports
Watch a short video about how to create and customize a capacity report, attach a file to the report, and schedule when to run it in IBM® Storage Insights Pro.