What's new for IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.1
New features and enhancements are available in IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.1.
Monitoring snapshot information for volumes that are protected by Safeguarded Copy
With Safeguarded Copy in DS8000® 8.5.0 and later, you can improve cyber resiliency by frequently creating protected, point-in-time backups of critical data, with minimum impact and effective resource utilization.
In IBM Spectrum Control, you can now view snapshot information for volumes that are backed up using the Safeguarded Copy feature across all your monitored DS8000 storage systems. Use this information to monitor the volume capacity that is protected and the capacity that is used to store volume backups for Safeguarded Copy.
- The total pool and storage system capacity that is used to store volume backups that are created by Safeguarded Copy.
- The volumes that are backed up, the pool that backup copies are written to, and the capacity that is used to store the volume copies.
On the Copy Data page, the summary information was updated to include the volume capacity that is protected by Safeguarded Copy. The value for the capacity that is protected locally now includes the volume capacity that is protected by Safeguarded Copy, FlashCopy®, and VDisk mirror. You can also view the capacity that is used to store volume backups for Safeguarded Copy.
Want to see more information about the protected volumes? Click Safeguarded Copy to view the volumes that are backed up, the pool that the copies of a volume are written to, and the capacity that is used to store the volume copies.
- Define alerts to notify you when the capacity for storing volume backups exceeds a specified amount for a storage system, pool, or a specific volume.
- Use chargeback and consumer reports to view the capacity of the volume backups for Safeguarded Copy. See Capacity metrics for chargeback and consumer reports.
Viewing topology and location information for DS8000 Fibre Channel (FC) ports
You use IBM Spectrum Control to monitor DS8000 storage systems, and you need to understand the port topology and the location of the ports in the hardware hierarchy? Not a problem. From the Storage menu, click Block Storage Systems, double-click a DS8000, and click FC Ports.
You can now quickly check whether an FC port uses the FICON® or the SCSI FCP protocol and view the frame, I/O enclosure, and host adapter for the port.
You can also quickly investigate the performance of a host adapter. Select the ports that are associated with the host adapter and click View Performance.
Enhanced platform support
The following platforms are now supported:
- DB2® 11.5.4
- IBM® Cognos® Analytics 11.1.7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 8 and Windows 2019 are now supported for all components of IBM Spectrum Control.
Free 90-day trial of IBM Spectrum Control is now available!
From a single console, get insights into the health, performance, and capacity consumption of your storage environment.
- Monitoring the health of your storage systems and devices
- Monitoring the performance and capacity of your storage systems, fabrics, and switches
- Performance troubleshooting and reporting
- Capacity planning, management, and reporting
- Alerting and alert policies
Product fixes and security updates
Limitations and known issues
For information about limitations and known issues that might occur when you use IBM Spectrum Control 5.4.1, see Limitations and known issues.