Add a UNIX client
- Copy the client tar file for the operating system Process Manager Client
will run on to the UNIX host
on which you want to install Process Manager.
For example, ppm10.2_pinstall.tar.Z.
- Untar ppm10.2_pinstall.tar.Z
% zcat ppm10.2_pinstall.tar.Z|tar xvf -
This creates a directory called ppm10.2_pinstall.
- In ppm10.2_pinstall,
edit section 1 of the file install.config to
define your configuration.
Remove the comment symbol (#) and set values for the following parameters:
- For JS_TOP, specify the full path to the top-level Process Manager installation directory. The installation script will create the directory you specify.
- For JS_HOST, specify the fully qualified hostname of the host on which the Process Manager daemon will run. You can specify only one host, as each host requires its own configuration files.
- For JS_PORT, specify the port number through which the clients will access the Process Manager Server. The default is 1966.
- For JS_TARDIR, specify the full path to the directory containing the Process Manager distribution tar files.The default is the parent directory of the current working directory where jsinstall is running.