2. Configure the LSF server hosts (application hosts)
Repeat the following steps on each LSF® server host (application host).
- Configure VNC.
- Stop and disable the VNC Windows service.
- Open VNC: C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\vncconfig.exe
- Configure VNC to only allow the vncuser to connect.
The following images display configuration for the vncuser and configuration for another user, ibmuser. Notice that only the vncuser has permissions.
- In Connection Options, for
Authentication select the Windows password
- Configure screen resolution
- Download ResSwitch to dynamically change the screen resolution on
LSF server hosts.
Download ResSwitch.exe from: http://www.naughter.com/qres.html
- Copy ResSwitch.exe to C:\LSF_9.1\9.1\bin.
- Download ResSwitch to dynamically change the screen resolution on LSF server hosts.
- Configure local administrator privileges.
- Select secpol.msc to open the Local Security Settings console. and, type
- Select , and check that the local administrator
(automatic logon user) has been assigned the following policies:
- Act as part of the operating system
- Debug programs
- Log on as a service
- Log on as a batch job
- Replace a process-level token
- Set the Windows environment by running
- Copy the setenv.bat file from the IBM Spectrum LSF Application Center web server $GUI_CONFDIR/application/vnc/ to C:\ on the LSF server host.
- Open a command prompt, type
cd C:\and press Enter.
- Run setenv.bat by specifying the local administrator
- Change the Windows local administrator user password to match the password used to log on to IBM Spectrum LSF Application Center.