Step 4: Configure the client for X.509 client authentication
Before you begin
You need user certificates and keys for this configuration.
- If you are using non self-signed certificates, refer to Step 1: Prepare server and user certificates and keys for more details.
- Import the user's keystore file into the user's browser
on the client.
The steps to import the user's keystore are different depending on the browser type:
- Internet Explorer: Double-click the certificate file (for example, my.p12) to import it.
- Mozilla Firefox: from the menu, select Advanced, select the Encryption tab, click the button View Certificates, then click the button Import. , select
- Google Chrome: Select the Customize and control Google Chrome icon, select Settings, click Show Advanced Settings, under HTTPS/SSL, click the button Manage Certificates and click the button Import.
- Restart the browser.
- Test connecting to IBM Spectrum LSF Application Center with the
Type in the IBM Spectrum LSF Application Center URL and use HTTPS. For example:
You should be able to view IBM Spectrum LSF Application Center pages without being prompted to log on.