Upgrading: Installing IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager in graphical mode
Use the IBM® Installation Manager installation wizard to install IBM Security Guardium® Key Lifecycle Manager in a graphical mode.
About this task
When you start the install process from the Launchpad program, IBM Installation Manager is automatically installed if it is not already available on your system. Also, the install process detects the existing (source) version of IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager that is installed on the host system. If you are installing on another host system, the install process performs a fresh installation of IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager.
- Go to the directory of your installation package and open disk1. For example: download_path/disk1
Start the installation program.
Operating system Command to run Windows launchpad.bat Linux® or AIX® launchpad.sh
- Select the locale that you want to use for the installation process. The locale determines the language that the installer runs in. Type the number that is displayed next to your locale and press Enter. The Installation Manager wizard is displayed.
- In the Install Packages window, click each of the product packages to highlight them. The description of the package is displayed in the Details section at the bottom of the window. To fully understand the package that you are installing, review all information.
- Select the product packages to install. All the packages are selected for installation by default.
The prerequisite checks verify the prerequisite requirements for the installation.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreements and click Next.
Select a location for the shared resources directory and click
Note: Retain the default path for shared resources directory, for example, C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared. IBM Installation Manager uses this location to download artifacts and to store information about the installed packages.
- On the Location page, the location of the package group into which each product is installed is displayed. Click each product to see its package group location. Click Next.
- On the next page, select the translation packages to install and click Next.
On the Features page, select the package features to install.
- To see the dependency relationships between features, select Show dependencies.
- Click a feature to view its brief description under Details.
- When you are finished selecting features, click Next.
- On the Configuration for IBM DB2 page, specify the database configuration information and click Next.
- If you are installing IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager on
the same host system on which the existing version is installed, specify configuration details of
the existing version.
- (For IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager version 2.5 or
On the Configuration for IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager page, based on the source version from where you are upgrading, specify the configuration information for the following components: IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager and WebSphere® Application Server Liberty. Then, click Next.
For more information, see IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager server configuration parameters and Configuration during installation.
- (For IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager version 2.5 or later):
- On the Summary page, review your choices before you install the product package. To change a selection, click Back to return to your selections.
To begin the installation, click Install.
A progress indicator shows the percentage of the installation that is completed. When the installation process is complete, a message confirms the completion of the process.
- Click View Log File to open the installation log file and to verify that all of the components were installed properly.
- In the Install Package wizard, select None to instruct the installer not to create a profile.
- Click Finish to complete the installation task and to close the wizard.