Recovery from migration failure for IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager
These error scenarios might occur during migration for IBM® Security Guardium® Key Lifecycle Manager:
- As migration starts, an error message might be caused by one or
more of the following conditions:
- Inadequate access permissions prevent reading required files, or properties or files are missing.
- Other applications are using a required file.
- During Db2® server migration, WebSphere® Application Server Liberty unexpectedly stopped running.
- After the migration is complete or has performed significant activities, an error might occur.
The installation program displays an error message. In this case, review the error log file:
- Windows systems:
- AIX® and Linux® systems:
If repeated running of the migration program fails and you choose to go back to earlier version, complete these tasks for a new version of Db2:
- Uninstall the earlier version of IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager.
On AIX or Linux
systems, navigate to the home directory of the instance owner such as /home/KLMDB42. If the
sqllib_v91directory exists, remove the directory.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager previous version and restore the most recent backup. Apply the most recent fix pack.