Installing IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager in graphical mode
Use the IBM® Installation Manager installation wizard to install IBM Security Guardium® Key Lifecycle Manager and its components in a graphical user interface mode.
Before you begin
- Complete the planning tasks. See Planning the installation.
- Download the installation files for IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager from the IBM Passport Advantage® website. See Software download instructions.
- Obtain the IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager license file (gklm.license.zip) from the IBM Passport Advantage website (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/passportadvantage/pao_customer.html).
- Extract the installation files to a directory. Ensure that disk1 and disk2 are extracted to the same directory.
- Review the considerations and restrictions for installing and configuring IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager. See Installation guidelines.
About this task
When you start the installation process from the Launchpad program, IBM Installation Manager is automatically installed if it is not already on your system. When the installation task is complete, IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager is installed along with the installation of required middleware components, such as WebSphere® Application Server Liberty and Db2® on the same system.
- Go to the directory of your installation package and open disk1. For example, download_path/disk1
Start the installation program.
Operating system Command to run Windows launchpad.bat
- Right-click on the launchpad.bat file.
- Click Run as administrator.
Linux® or AIX® launchpad.sh
- Select the locale that you want to use for the installation process. The locale determines the language that the installer runs in. Type the number that is displayed next to your locale and press Enter. The Installation Manager wizard is displayed.
- In the Install Packages window, click each of the product packages to highlight them. The description of the package is displayed in the Details section at the bottom of the window. To fully understand the package that you are installing, review all information.
- Select the product packages to install. All the packages are selected for installation by default.
The prerequisite checks verify the prerequisite requirements for the installation.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreements and click Next.
Select a location for the shared resources directory and click
Note: Retain the default path for shared resources directory, for example, C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared. IBM Installation Manager uses this location to download artifacts and to store information about the installed packages.
On the Location page, review the installation location for each package
group, and click Next. Note: You can change the installation locations of the package groups. Ensure that the non-administrator or non-root user account has access to the locations that you specify.
- Select the translation packages to install and click Next.
On the Features page, select the package features to install.
- To see the dependency relationships between features, select Show dependencies.
- Click a feature to view its brief description under Details.
- When you are finished selecting features, click Next.
- On the Configuration for IBM Db2 page, specify the database configuration information and click Next.
On the Configuration for IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager page, specify the configuration information for
IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager. Then, click
For more configuration details, see IBM Security Guardium Key Lifecycle Manager server configuration parameters and Configuration during installation.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review your choices before you install the product package. To change a selection, click Back to return to your selections.
To begin the installation, click Install.
A progress indicator shows the percentage of the installation that is completed. When the installation process is complete, a message confirms the completion of the process.
- Click View Log File to open the installation log file and to verify that all of the components were installed properly.
- In the Install Package wizard, select None to instruct the installer not to create a profile.
- Click Finish to complete the installation task and to close the wizard.