Creating a data source connection with IBM Security Guardium Data Connector
IBM Security Guardium Data Connector allows you to connect your data sources to the cloud so they can be scanned for security vulnerabilities. You can connect up to 100 data sources to your data connector.
About this task
- Add a read-only user to your data source that can be used by the data connector. The user must have appropriate data source privileges for producing assessments. You will use this user name, along with other data source details, when you complete your connector setup.
- Required: After installing Guardium Data Connector, create your data connector: When you first use IBM Security Guardium Data Connector, you need to create a connector that you will add data sources to. You create only one connector per installation of IBM Security Guardium Data Connector and then use it for one or more data sources.
- Add a data source to your data connector using the Add database wizard: If you continue in IBM Security Guardium Data Connector immediately after creating your data connector, a series of wizard screens will walk you through adding your first data source. You can add your first data source from this wizard, or you can add data sources by the methods described below.
- Work with your data sources inside the data connector page: The data connector page allows you to add, modify, and remove data sources. In the page, you can also control scans.
- Add data sources to your data connector by batch file: Guardium Data Connector includes a convenient command-line option for adding one or more data sources to your data connector. This option allows you to run a provided batch file with a comma-separated value (CSV) file that you create. This CSV file lists the information that the data connector needs for data source connections (a convenient sample CSV file is also provided).
- Add data sources in your data connector page: In your data connector page, you can add multiple data sources for scanning.
What to do next
After adding a data source, it is scanned almost immediately unless you opt to disable the immediate scan. When the scan is complete, you can view the scan results in Guardium Analyzer.
WS.Reputation.1notification if you are running Symantec Endpoint Protection. This occurs because Guardium Data Connector is a new product, and Symantec Endpoint Protection is not yet familiar with the Guardium Data Connector installation. The notification is a false positive that can safely be ignored.