The MaaS360® Mobile Device Management (SaaS) is an enterprise mobility management (EMM) platform that provides visibility and control of smartphones and tablets in the enterprise. The MaaS360 software supports devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android. MaaS360 integrates with IBM® Security Verify, a cloud based identity and access management solution, to provide single sign-on (SSO) capabilities that ensure only trusted devices and applications can access enterprise or corporate resources.
- Single sign-on to native mobile applications, SaaS, or web based applications to boost productivity.
- Conditional access to ensure that only trusted devices and applications can access enterprise resources.
- Generic SAML application template to onboard any application that supports the SAML standard for single sign-on.
Prerequisite and limitations
- Single sign-on to a native mobile application is supported by any application that supports SAML.
- The mobile device must have at least iOS 7 or Android "Lollipop"
version 5.0.Note: Some applications such as Google Workspace and Outlook require iOS 11.
- The mobile device must have at least Android MaaS agent version 5.95.
- TCP ports 88 and 89 must be accessible from your organization's network.
Steps to integrate MaaS360 with IBM Security Verify for identity and access management
The integration of MaaS360 with IBM Security Verify requires configuration in MaaS360 and in IBM Security Verify.
|Main tasks||Action owner and user interface||For more information, see|
|1||Provision a Verify tenant in the MaaS360 Portal to enable Verify integration with MaaS360.||MaaS360 administrator from the MaaS360 portal||https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS8H2S/com.ibm.mc.doc/concepts/mc_ci_provision.htm|
|2||Create the application instance for single sign-on configuration.||Verify administrator; using the administration console||Creating an application|
|3||(Optional) Configure conditional access for non-compliant mobile devices.||Verify administrator; using the administration console||Configuring conditional access|
|4||Add the applications to the MaaS360 application catalog and enable enterprise single sign-on for these applications.||Customer administrator from the MaaS360 portal||https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS8H2S/com.ibm.mc.doc/concepts/mc_ci_apps_maas.htm|
|5||Configure an MDM policy in the MaaS360 Portal to require single sign-on and checks for conditional access on applications before those applications are downloaded to a managed device.||Customer administrator from the MaaS360 portal||https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8H2S/com.ibm.mc.doc/concepts/mc_ci_config_mdm.htm|