Known issues and limitations
IBM® Open Enterprise SDK for Go has the following known issues or limitations:
- Plugins are not supported on z/OS®.
- The following cgo functionalities are not supported on z/OS:
- Accessing C file scope variables
- Callback from a C program to Go
- Signal handling from C
- The following commands do not work for z/OS:
addr2line: A minimal simulation of the GNU addr2line tool, just enough to support pprof.
cover: A program for analyzing the coverage profiles generated by 'go test -coverprofile=cover.out'.
objdump: Disassembles executable files.
oldlink: Link, typically invoked as “go tool link,” reads the Go archive or object for a package main, along with its dependencies, and combines them into an executable binary.
trace: A tool for viewing trace files.
For full list of Go commands, see Go commands list.
race detector is not available on z/OS. You can run into error when using -race flag during the build.