Shelf life risk
The shelf life risk work queue monitors the age of products since origination, such as harvesting date or manufacturing date, and alerts you if a product is at risk of expiring. You can use this information to prioritize the shipment of products to ensure that products are delivered at their optimal age and quality.
The shelf life risk work queue alerts you if a product is at risk of expiring based on the configured risk thresholds. You can set risk thresholds for each location type along the supply chain. The risk thresholds that you set are specific to the location type and cannot be configured differently for individual facilities of the same type.
Enabling shelf life risk
You must be entitled to the Transparent Supply application within the Supply Chain Intelligence Suite to access the shelf life risk work queue.
- Product ID
- Provide a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) or an IBM Product identifier.
- For example: urn:ibm:ift:product:class:0088672.testbeef
- Location type
- Provide the type of location.
- For example: WAREHOUSENote: Rules are configured for the facility type and cannot be configured differently for individual facilities of the same type.
- Age trigger
- Provide the threshold for the product to be considered at-risk, as either the maximum number of days since origination or the minimum number of days to expiry.
- For example: Max days since production 12
Viewing work items
You can access the work queues that you are entitled to within the Control Tower menu.
To get started click Work queues in the side menu. A list of the queues available to you will be displayed.
When you click Shelf life risk, a list of work items are displayed. Each work item represents a product that is considered at risk at a location based on the rules that are configured.
- The name of the product.
- Click a product name to view sample resolutions and additional information about the at-risk product.
- The name of the location where the product is currently in inventory.
- Location type
- The type of location.
- Quantity (QTY) at risk
- The quantity of product inventory at the location that has exceeded the configured risk threshold.
- Days at risk
- The number of days that at-risk items have exceeded the configured threshold. Expressed as a range from minimum to maximum number of days.
- The date that the products expire.
- The name of the person who is assigned to the issue.
- Click to assign yourself or leave notes for your team to view.
- The Supply Chain Intelligence Suite automatically organizes the work items into the Open, In progress, Pending, and Closed tabs.
- Click to update the status to Pending or Closed.
To view additional information for an at-risk product, click the on the product you are interested in. You are provided with sample resolutions and additional details.
You can create a customized work flow that can be repeatedly applied to issues of the same type.
For example, you can define the roles that complete specific actions:
|Unassigned||Transfer request. Request
transfer of a product from a distributor to a location.
|Carrier||Review request. Determine
whether the request can be fulfilled.
The Additional details section provides you with more information about the at-risk product.
You are provided with the following information:
|Quantity at risk||The quantity of product inventory at the location that has exceeded the configured risk threshold.||Count|
|Percentage at risk||The percentage of product inventory at the location that has exceeded the configured risk threshold.||Percentage|
|Days at risk||The number of days that at-risk items have exceeded the configured threshold. Expressed as a range from minimum to maximum number of days.||Range|
|At risk age trigger||The risk threshold that is configured for the product and location type. This trigger is based on either the time until the product’s expiration or the time since the product’s production.||Range|
|Average inflow age||The average age of the products when they enter the location, measured in days.
Note: Only products received in the last 30 days are considered in this metric.
|Average outflow age||The average age of the products when they leave the location, measured in days.
Note: Only products shipped in the last 30 days are considered in this metric.
|Product age distribution||A graph of the number of cases versus the number of days since production, highlighting products that have exceeded the configured risk threshold.||Bar chart|
|Location details||Additional location details, including the location name, location type, address, city, state, and zip code.||List|
|At risk product identifications||The serial numbers for the products at the location that have exceeded the configured risk threshold.||List|
|At risk timeline||A visual representation of the current date relative to the product's at risk trigger.||Timeline chart|