Configuring the WebSphere Application Server web container
Configure the WebSphere® Application Server web container when an SSL accelerator, proxy or Load Balancer is used in front of an IBM® Sametime® Proxy Server.
About this task
- The browser is redirected from an HTTPS page to an HTTP page and back to an HTTPS page
- Links on the page are generated using http:// instead of https://
- The browser displays a warning to users that they are being redirected to an unsecure page
Update the SSL accelerator or Load Balancer handling the SSL connection as well as the WebSphere Application Server configuration. The administrator of the SSL accelerator, proxy, or Load Balancer determines the name of the field that is added to the HTTP header. The WebSphere Application Server checks the name of the field added to the HTTP header to confirm that it matches the httpsIndicatorHeader value.
- On the computer hosting the Sametime System Console, log in to the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
- Click .
- In the table of application servers, click the link that represents the Sametime Proxy Server that you are updating.
- In the "Container Settings" section, click .
- In the "Additional Properties" section, click Custom properties.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, enter httpsIndicatorHeader. The Value field contains the name of the HTTP header field inserted by the SSL accelerator, proxy or Load Balancer. The WebSphere Application Server does not check the actual value of the header field on the incoming request.
- If you are using a clustered configuration, repeat this procedure for each Sametime Proxy Server in the cluster.
- Save the changes to the master configuration by clicking Save in the "Messages" box at the beginning of the page.
- Perform a full resynchronize of all Sametime Proxy Server nodes, and restart the Sametime Proxy Servers by completing the steps in this procedure Synchronizing and restarting nodes in the cluster.