Creating a Domino server cluster
An IBM® Sametime® Community Server cluster runs on IBM Domino®. If you are unfamiliar with the functioning of Domino clusters, see the Domino Administrator Help, available from the Documentation Library at www.lotus.com/ldd.
Before you begin
- Install the IBM Sametime Community Servers that will be part of the cluster, as described in Installing a Sametime Community Server.
- Replicate the Domino Directory across all servers in the cluster.
- Verify that you have at least "Author" access and "Delete Documents" rights specified in the Domino Directory's ACL, and at least "Author" access in the Administration Requests database ACL.
About this task
Follow these basic steps to create a Sametime Community Server cluster running on Domino.
- On one of the Sametime servers,
start the Domino administrator
To start this client on a Microsoft Windows computer, click nlnotes.exe adminonly.and type
- When the administrator client starts, make sure the Sametime server is the current server.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the Tasks pane, expand Server and click All Server Documents.
- In the Results pane, select the servers you want to add to the cluster. Select both Sametime servers that you installed in the previous step.
- Click Add to Cluster.
- In the Cluster Name dialog box, click Create New Cluster, and then click OK.
- Type the name of the new cluster and then click OK.
- Choose Yes to add the servers to the cluster immediately. The cluster information is immediately added to the Domino Directory of the server that you used to create the cluster.
Verifying that a cluster was created properly
About this task
You can do the following to verify the cluster was created correctly:
|Action||What you should see|
|From the Domino Administrator, expand Clusters in the Server pane.||The name of the cluster followed by the names of the cluster servers.|
|From the Domino Administrator, click a cluster server in the Server pane, and then click the Server - Status tab.||CLDBDIR (the Cluster Database Directory Manager) and CLREPL (the Cluster Replicator) in the Task list.|
|From the Domino Administrator, click a cluster server in the Server pane, and then click the Files tab.||The title "Cluster Directory" and the file name "cldbdir.nsf" to show that Domino created the Cluster Database Directory.|
|Compare the replica IDs of the Cluster Database Directories on each cluster server.||The same replica ID on each server.|