Installing the certificate manually
The IBM RPA installer automatically installs the certificate on your computer. However, you can also install the certificate manually if you are experiencing errors with your certificate or if you are registering your computer to a new tenant.
About this task
You might need to install your certificate manually if:
- You did not specify the Tenant code during the installation
- You have recently changed your tenant
- The current certificate is invalid or corrupted (invalid license issue)
- You are experiencing errors when trying to run scheduled bots
Before you begin
- Your IBM RPA user must have permissions to manage computers. The Business operator role has these permissions.
- Your Windows user needs administrator rights.
Follow the procedure below to install a certificate:
Getting the computer's hostname
- Open the Windows command prompt or PowerShell.
hostnameand copy the output.
Downloading and installing the certificate
Log in to the IBM RPA Control Center.
Click the Computers page under the Define section, and search for the computer's hostname.
- If you can't find your computer, see the Procedure for creating a computer to create your computer.
Back to the Computers page, select the computer that you want and click the vertical ellipsis button ⋮ > Download certificate.
For versions older than IBM RPA 20.12: Click the vertical ellipsis button ⋮ > Download certificate (Legacy).
Double-click the downloaded certificate to run it.
You get a notification indicating that the certificate was installed successfully.