Requesting a bot integration with the Telegram channel
Learn how to integrate an IBM RPA chatbot with Telegram™ channel if you use the IBM RPA SaaS offering. This procedure includes a bot creation on Telegram™, and the request of a chatbot instance.
Before you begin
This topic assumes that you have a chatbot script ready to deploy on the Telegram channel. For more information on how to request a chatbot instance to integrate it with other communication channels, see Integrating the chatbot with channels in IBM RPA SaaS.
Table 1. Licenses required to deploy a chatbot script.
¹ You need at least one Bot Runtime license for each chatbot script. Go to the License page (
https://localhost:8099/web/en-US/license) on the machine where IBM RPA was installed to view license data.
https://localhost:8099/web/en-US/license) isn't available anymore because of the removal of
License passwordand implementation of installation keys. For details on proxy, region, or status, go to the IBM RPA Client page (
Follow the steps to create a Telegram bot and request a chatbot instance:
- Create a bot in the Telegram
- Open a case with the IBM support
Create a bot in the Telegram
Chat with the BotFather to create a Telegram bot. See Creating a new bot 🡥 for instructions. The main actions that you run while you create a bot are:
- Give the Telegram bot a name.
- Give the Telegram bot a unique username. This username must end with the "bot" keyword and be consistent with the chatbot instance name in the IBM Robotic Process Automation.
- Get the bot access token generated.
Open a case with the IBM support
- Navigate to IBM Support 🡥.
- Open a case with support.
- Attach the following data on the case:
- Chatbot name (or bot handle). The chatbot name must be unique, provide at least three options of names.
- Communication channel name.
- IBM RPA Control Center tenant name.
- IBM RPA tenant's region, for example,
- Wait for support to contact you about scheduling a meeting.
The meeting schedule depends on the availability of the support, infrastructure, and you.
At the meeting, you must share the required data generated by Telegram™ channel:
- Share the following data on the meeting:
- Bot access token
- Bot username
- Wait until the configuration is complete.
What to do next
Create a chat mapping for your IBM RPA chatbot script. See Creating a chat mapping for instructions.