Use the Snipping Tool to snip images
Use the Snipping Tool to capture rectangle-shaped snips from the computer's screen. Use these snips as a reference to click at a center or at a point in relation to it in the computer's screen, for example.
Before you begin
This procedure assumes that you applied the recommended settings to work with surface automation.
IBM RPA Studio license
- Permission to use IBM RPA Studio application
- Permission to create or manage a script
The following video explains how to use the Snipping Tool to capture rectangle-shaped snips from the computer's screen. You can use both the video and the written steps to learn how to use this tool.
The following steps describe how you can use the Snipping Tool according to the previous video.
- In IBM RPA Studio, start the recorder.
- In the recorder bar, click the Snipping Tool icon.
- Drag the cursor around an element to form a rectangle.
- Right-click the selected area to choose the action.
- Optional: Right-click the selected area and click Clear to clear the selection.
Using the Region Selector to snip images
You can access the Snipping Tool by using the Region Selector function present in some commands such as the Click command.