Use the Screen Capture Tool to snip images
Use the Screen Capture Tool to take a screen capture of the computer's screen and capture rectangle-shaped snips from it. You can use these snips for different purposes like to click a button, click a field to be filled, click at a point in relation to the screen capture, wait for an image to appear, or get a text.
Before you begin
This procedure assumes that you applied the recommended settings to work with surface automation.
IBM RPA Studio license
- Permission to use IBM RPA Studio application
- Permission to create or manage a script
The following video explains how to use the Screen Capture Tool to take a screen capture of the computer's screen, capture a rectangle-shaped snip from it, and select an action to run in relation to it. You can use both the video and the written steps to learn how to use this tool.
The following steps describe how you can use the Screen Capture Tool according to the previous video.
- In IBM RPA Studio, start the recorder.
- With the recorder opened, press the
Print Screenkey on the keyboard.
- Drag the cursor around an element to form a rectangle.
- Right-click the selected area to choose the action.