What's new in IBM Robotic Process Automation as a Service 23.0.7
Release date: 15 July 2023 (AP1, EU1, UK1, US1, BR1, and BR2 regions)
Version 23.0.7 of IBM Robotic Process Automation brings scheduling bots as its main feature. The new scheduler brings more recurrency options, a more complete view on each schedule and their logs, more options to filter your schedules, and more! This version also fixes problems detected by users or reported by developers in previous versions. Find out more by browsing the sections of this document.
For previous release notes on the 23.0.x mainstream, see Previous releases.
In this document
This version introduces the following enhancements:
With the new scheduler, you can create, edit, delete, and disable schedules directly in the IBM RPA Control Center. You can schedule your bot to run weekly or daily, and get information about each schedule, as well as their logs.
Starting from this version, individual script scheduling is deprecated. Create a Bot in a project to use the new scheduler.
Here's a quick demo on how to create a new schedule:
To learn more about the new scheduler, see Scheduling a bot.
Support for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022
IBM Robotic Process Automation client components now support Microsoft Windows™ 11 and Windows Server 2022™.
This version fixes previous known issues that are found by users. Customer issues are reported as authorized program analysis reports (APAR), which is how IBM documents, tracks, and fixes problems.
- [APAR DT215388] The Read Email (
emailRead) command no longer gets the HTML body of the email instead of the body text when connecting to Microsoft Outlook™ using the Connect to Microsoft Outlook (
- Fixed an issue where the Start Browser (
webStart) command was not working with Mozilla Firefox.
- Fixed an issue where the Delete File (
fileDelete) command was deleting the directory on Google Drive™ connections.
- Fixed an issue where the Inclusive Words parameter of the Apply Search Filters (
emailApplySearchFilters) command was not working in Microsoft Outlook™ connections.
- The Launch and Attach Window (
launchWindow) command no longer allows an invalid path in the Executable parameter.
- Improved error message in the Assign Value to Office (
officeSet) command when trying to enter invalid values in Microsoft PowerPoint™.
- Fixed an issue where environment variables would not show error details in scripts with Handle Error (
- Fixed an issue in which you could not edit the connection to a 5250 terminal mainframe emulator with the HLLAPI connection in the IBM RPA Studio's recorder.
- The If File Exists (
ifFile) command no longer returns false in a valid connection with Microsoft OneDrive™.