What's new in IBM Robotic Process Automation as a Service 23.0.4
Release date: 15 April 2023 (AP1, EU1, UK1, US1, BR1, and BR2 regions).
Version 23.0.4 of IBM Robotic Process Automation features the introduction of Running bots from IBM RPA Control Center. It also brings content updates as well as fixes to issues that were detected
by users or reported by the developers in previous versions. Discover more by browsing the sections in this document.
For previous release notes on the 23.0.x mainstream, see Previous releases.
In this document
Enhancements that are introduced on this version can be seen in the topic below.
Running bots from IBM RPA Control Center
Now, you can run bots at the click of a button through the IBM RPA Control Center. The whole managing bots documentation got updated based on the improvements. Check Running bots from IBM RPA Control Center for more details.
IBM RPA Control Center redirect URL removed
The https://app.wdgautomation.com URL no longer provides a redirect to regional URLs, it is only used to redirect to the BR2 region of the IBM RPA Control Center. If you want to log in to your IBM RPA Control Center account in another region, see the Log in to IBM RPA Control Center section for details.
This version fixes previous known issues that are found by users. Customer issues are reported as authorized program analysis reports (APAR), which is how IBM documents, tracks, and fixes problems.
- [APAR DT198692] Fixed an issue where the Certificate test on the Proxy configuration page was not working.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to create two parameters with the same name, replacing the existing parameter.
- Fixed an issue where scripts downloaded from IBM RPA Control Center would not run after being loaded into IBM RPA Studio.
- [APAR DT197454] If you choose the Legacy NLP provider in the Set NLP Provider (
setNlpProvider) command, mathematical symbols next to numeric characters are no longer interpreted as currency symbols.
- [APAR DT198007] It is no longer necessary to enter the root node in the Expand Tree (
expandTree) command if the root node is expanded.
- [APAR DT203300] You no longer need to restart the machine after a schedule fails due to an authentication issue. Log in again to IBM RPA to reauthenticate your machine.
- [APAR DT208425] Fixed an issue where the Click on Menu (
clickOnMenu) command would get stuck in the client environment after clicking the SAP menu options.
- [APAR DT197998] Fixed an issue where the Zip Files (
zip) command did not work with files larger than 4GB.
- Fixed an issue where the environment variable for
JAVAHOMEwas added twice after upgrading the IBM RPA Client.
- The Save Office File As (
officeSaveAs) command now displays an error message if an exception occurs during the API call.
- Fixed an issue where the IBM RPA Client updater dialog had translation errors in languages other than English.
- Fixed an issue where scripts with blank lines before variable declarations would fail to run in IBM RPA Studio.
- Fixed an issue where the Wait for Element in a Web Page (
webWaitElement) command was generating an error if a value was not defined in the Timeout parameter of the command.
- The If File Exists (
ifFile) command no longer checks if directories exist to avoid false positives.
- Fixed an issue where the Get Files (
getFiles) command would fail to filter equivalent extensions if one was in uppercase and the other in lowercase.
In this topic you can follow the updates made to the IBM Robotic Process Automation documentation.
Managing orchestrator process' instances
Added new information about which versions can run some actions in the orchestration process and instance handling. See Managing orchestrator process' instances for more details.
Monitoring license usage
With the introduction of installation keys in version 23.0.2, IBM RPA licenses became more flexible. The Monitoring license usage section was added to address users' concerns regarding license issues.