What's new in IBM Robotic Process Automation as a Service 23.0.3
Release date: 18 March 2023 (AP1, EU1, UK1, US1, BR1, and BR2 regions).
Version 23.0.3 of IBM Robotic Process Automation brings as its main changes the Automatic handling of GridView controls in SAP, and the removal of some deprecated commands and functions. Issues detected by users and reported by developers have also been fixed in this release. Discover more by browsing the following release notes.
For previous release notes on the 23.0.x mainstream, see Previous releases.
In this document
Enhancements that are introduced on this version can be seen in the topic below.
Automatic handling of GridView controls in SAP
GridView controls in SAP are now automatically recognized by the recorder thanks to the implementation of a new algorithm. You no longer need to map the elements by ID manually.
Read more about it in Interacting with GridView controls during SAP automation.
New permissions on RBAC
The following permissions have been added to RBAC to provide basic access to the IBM RPA Control Center. See them below:
- Basic Control Center permissions
- Basic RPA permissions
FIPS enabled by default
For Tenants created starting from version 23.0.3, FIPS is enabled by default. To improve the security of your environment, you must configure your tenant to comply with FIPS. See Planning for FIPS 140-2 for more information.
This version fixes previous known issues that are found by users. Customer issues are reported as authorized program analysis reports (APAR), which is how IBM documents, tracks, and fixes problems.
- [APAR DT192037] Fixed an issue that would cause an orchestration process to fail after losing connection with the MSMQ system queue provider.
- Fixed an issue where the name and computer fields were not marked as mandatory when you tried to create a computer group in the IBM RPA Control Center.
- Fixed an issue where the Create bulk users function in the IBM RPA Control Center would not show all the available teams.
- Fixed an issue where you would not get a notification after deleting a project in the IBM RPA Control Center.
- Fixed an issue where the description of permissions in the IBM RPA Control Center would not be translated to the user's current language.
- The Version field, located in the Steps tab from the Edit process page in the IBM RPA Control Center, is now correctly placed in the interface.
- New validations were added so that the name that is assigned to a queue provider respects the rule of the selected queue provider.
- When you open an instance's details in the IBM RPA Control Center, you can now view the data in a new tab.
- The Credential Pools page has been removed from the IBM RPA Control Center.
- The Jobs page in the IBM RPA Control Center now only asks for the script version after it has been selected.
- When creating a new parameter in IBM RPA Control Center, the Key and Value fields had their character limits changed to 200 and 2000 respectively.
- When selecting the All scripts option on the Scripts tab of IBM RPA Control Center, the search now shows all of the tenant's scripts.
- [APAR DT143129] Fixed an issue where the Watch and Set Credentials in Browser (
watchAndSetBrowserCredentials) command would not automatically populate authentication fields in the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome browsers.
- [APAR DT144084] Fixed an issue where a script would exit debug mode after running a script called by the Execute Script (
- [APAR DT180516] Fixed an issue where the Java recorder was unable to map elements in a sequence.
- [APAR DT188299] Fixed an issue where the Get Value (
getValue) command could not get the SAP GUI status bar output.
- [APAR DT188310] Fixed an issue where the Save Office File As (
officeSaveAs) command would return the wrong path after saving a file in a directory that already has another file with at least one matching word.
- [APAR DT188561] Fixed an issue where the Start Screen Recording (
startRecording) command would not work on Windows Server 2016.
- [APAR DT196016] Email commands no longer use the global proxy configured during installation.
- The Map XML (
mapXml) command does not allow saving after creating mappings.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the IBM RPA Studio to crash after opening or closing a report file.
- Fixed an issue where the Find and Replace window would crash in IBM RPA Studio.
- The Move File (
fileMove) command is no longer moving the directory along with the file.
- Fixed an issue where the callback configuration file would not be created after installing IBM Robotic Process Automation.
Deprecated and removed functions
The following list displays the functions removed or deprecated in this version.
- The pre-established integration with Google™ Geocoding API for Extract Address.
- The VNC field from the Computer page in the IBM RPA Control Center.
- Get File Path (
- Execute ODBC Command (
- Execute SQL Instruction (
- Get XML Data (
- The IVR feature from IBM RPA.
For a full list of no longer supported functions, see Deprecated and removed functions.
In this topic you can follow the updates made to the IBM Robotic Process Automation documentation and courses.
Integrating IBM RPA with external APIs
New IBM Robotic Process Automation integration with external APIs course is now available. Enroll now!