What's new in IBM Robotic Process Automation as a Service 23.0.2
Release date: 18 February 2023 (AP1, EU1, UK1, US1, BR1, and BR2 regions).
Version 23.0.2 of IBM Robotic Process Automation brings as its main change the removal of license keys to use the product. This improvement prevents license-related problems from occurring, improving the user experience. See more details in Updating IBM RPA Client installation license keys to installation key. Issues detected by users and reported by developers have also been fixed in this release. Discover more by browsing the following release notes.
For previous release notes on the 23.0.x mainstream, see Previous releases.
Table of contents
Updating license IDs to installation keys on the installation of IBM RPA Client
To provide a better customer experience, IBM Robotic Process Automation 23.0.2 introduces installation keys that should replace the old license IDs and passwords when installing the IBM RPA Client.
The use of installation keys provides the self-service requirement that customers were requesting. Starting from version 23.0.2, you can install the IBM RPA Client software using this key which is obtained from the IBM RPA Control Center.
See more in the following topics:
🛈 Note that if you want to upgrade your IBM RPA Client to version 23.0.2, you must review your computer's capacity after upgrading. See Upgrading the IBM RPA SaaS client for details.
This version fixes previous known issues that are found by users. Customer issues are reported as authorized program analysis reports (APAR), which is how IBM documents, tracks, and fixes problems.
- [APAR DT179070] Users with the Manage Dashboards permission can now delete the default Monitoring and Daily Monitoring dashboards from the IBM RPA Control Center.
- [APAR DT180390] Processes started with an API call can now be restarted in the IBM RPA Control Center.
- [APAR DT188045] Scripts using the Get Parameter (
getParameter) command do not fail when launched by the IBM RPA Launcher.
- [APAR DT178191] Fixed an issue where communication between server and client sometimes displayed the wrong computer status.
- [APAR DT189138] Fixed an issue where it was not possible to download log files larger than 80kB.
- When you access the details of a script in the IBM RPA Control Center, the Versions tab now appears regardless of the browser's window size.
- Fixed an issue where the Create a new team modal in the IBM RPA Control Center would enable the button to proceed even if you had not selected a role for the team.
- Fixed an issue where some computers would not be listed after searching for instances of a process.
- Fixed grammatical errors in the IBM RPA Control Center's Queues page.
- Fixed grammatical errors in the Manage connections page under the RBAC tab in the IBM RPA Control Center.
- [APAR DT160794] Breakpoints are no longer removed when debugging a script with the Execute Script (
- [APAR DT179467] Fixed an issue where multipart requests using the HTTP Request (
httpRequest) command were omitting the name and filename parameters.
- [APAR DT188231] Fixed an issue where the Export Office File As (
officeExportAs) command could not export Excel files to PDF.
- [APAR DT179592] The Wait Control (
waitControl) command now tries to identify visible windows if there is more than one control with the same name.
- [APAR DT180510] IBM RPA Studio now displays an error message if any application uses the same hotkeys as the recorder.
- [APAR DT189122] Fixed an issue where the Get Vault Item (
getVaultItem) command had an insufficient timeout to receive the response from the API.
- The Get Excel Value (
excelGet) command now returns the calculated result of a formula, instead of just the formula's description.
- Fixed an issue where the Apply Search Filter (
emailApplySearchFilters) command would not filter emails if the subject did not contain only Roman alphabet letters, or if the body of the email had uppercase letters.