Creating a launcher
Before you can use the IBM RPA Launcher application, you must configure your script to enable it for launching. This topic contains the requirements and the procedure that you must follow to use the IBM RPA Launcher.
Before you begin
- The IBM RPA user account must have the following permissions in the IBM RPA Control Center:
- Create launchers and buttons
- Manage launchers
- For other tasks related to launchers, the following permissions are required:
- View launchers
- Use launcher application
- See Understanding roles and teams for more information about roles and permissions.
- The script must be published to the IBM RPA Control Center tenant that you're assigned to. See how to publish scripts in Publishing scripts.
Procedure for creating a new launcher
- Log in to IBM RPA Control Center.
- In the Define menu, click Launchers.
- In the Define launchers screen, click Create launcher.
- In the Name field, enter a name to the launcher.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of what this launcher does.
- For IBM RPA 21.0.2 and older: From the Computer groups list, select the group of computers that can view and start the launcher.
- Starting from IBM RPA 21.0.3: From the Teams list, select the teams that can view and start the launcher.
- Click Next.
- Click Add button to create a button for the launcher.
- In the Name field, enter a name to the launcher button.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description about the script.
- From the Script list, select script the button launch.
- Optional: Choose a way to use an icon:
- To use a custom icon, click Use custom icon > Add file button to select an icon to your script button.
- To use a preset icon, click Use preset icon button. Click the refresh button to generate a new icon for your script button.
- Click Save > Save to finish the process.