To automate SAP with IBM Robotic Process Automation, you need to configure SAP to accept scripting. This configuration is mandatory.
You need to comply with the following requirements to configure SAP to enable automation by IBM Robotic Process Automation:
- You must have SAP GUI and the SAP GUI Scripting feature installed.
- You must have access to the SAP system and credentials with administrator permissions.
Enabling SAP GUI Scripting
The SAP GUI Scripting feature is disabled by default. Complete the following steps to enable it:
- Complete the SAP system access credentials and log in.
- Click Options for SAP GUI > Options.
- In the side menu, click Accessibility & Scripting > Accessibility.
- Select the Use accessibility mode.
- In the side menu, click Accessibility & Scripting> Scripting.
- Select the Enable scripting checkbox.
- Clear the following checkboxes:
- Notify when a script attaches to SAP GUI
- Notify when a script opens a connection
- Show native Microsoft Windows dialogs
Configuring the RZ11 transaction
Your SAP GUI user must be enabled to use SAP GUI Scripting. Use transaction RZ11 to modify your SAP GUI profile as follows:
- Log in to SAP.
- In the command entry box in the upper left corner, enter the code
RZ11, and press
Enter. The Profile Parameter Maintenance window appears.
- In the Parameter Name (Param.Name) field, type
- Click Display.
- In the Display Profile Parameter Details window, click Change Value.
- In the New Value field, type
- Click Save.
- Restart the SAP GUI. Scripting support is enabled for the next time you log in to the server.