Overview of IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody
Depending on which edition you use, Rhapsody provides the following features. For specific platform, edition, and language requirements and limitations, see the release notes for Rhapsody.
- Support by all editions for modeling with UML, SysML, AUTOSAR, MARTE, DDS, MODAF*, UPDM*, multicore, MISRA-C, MISRA-C++; and for the creation of custom profiles for the development of domain-specific languages (DSL).
- Profiles, settings, stereotypes, tags, and APIs with which you can extend and configure the product
- Requirements modeling and traceability features with integration to leading requirements management tools, such as Rational® DOORS®
- Advanced requirements synchronization, impact, and coverage analysis capabilities*
- Static checking to ensure that the design is consistent
- Eclipse platform integration with Engineering Workflow Management Integration (Windows only)
- A systems engineering toolkit for automating common systems engineering functions, including Rational Harmony for Systems Engineers
- XMI* (XML Metadata Interchange) and Rational Rose® importing for integration with established systems and reuse
- A Configuration Management Interface, including an advanced graphical difference-and-merging tool that can integrate with tools such as IBM Rational Synergy, Engineering Workflow Management, or Rational ClearCase®
- Generation of documentation by using a range of tools, from a simple RTF report generator to fully customizable report tools, such as IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing or Rhapsody ReporterPLUS*
- Interfaces to MathWorks Simulink*, UNICOM System Architect, and IBM Rational Statemate® can be used to validate your entire architecture while using tools for control engineering, protocol development, and functional system design
- Support for safety standard development: ISO 26262, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, EN 50128, DO-178B, and DO-178C
* The marked capabilities are provided with optional add-on products.
In addition to the product documentation for Rhapsody, to find articles, videos, and other information to help you use the product, see the Rhapsody wiki.