Java 5 annotations
IBM® Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody® for Java™ developers supports the concept of the Java 5 annotation through modeling and code generation. Java users can use Java annotations to model and generate code for all key Java 5 concepts. You can create annotations within the Rhapsody environment and then generate the annotations within the generated code.
Note the following possible uses for Java annotations:
- They provide data about the program but do not affect the program itself.
- They can be used
- documentation tools
- code analysis tools
- deployment tools
- run-time analysis tools
- They can be applied on any program element (for example, class, field, method, enum, and so on).
To add a JavaAnnotation to a model element, you must do the following general steps:
- Create a JavaAnnotation type; see Creating a JavaAnnotation type.
- Add the JavaAnnotation and assign values to the elements of the annotation; see Using a JavaAnnotation type.
- Add the annotation to one or more Java model elements using a dependency with a AnnotationUsage relationship; see Using a JavaAnnotation within a model.