Configuring a secure proxy server
You can configure a secure proxy server or a custom SSL certificate.
Before you begin
You must have QRadar® administrator privileges to configure a secure proxy server.
Note: You can configure a custom SSL certificate without specifying a proxy server.
About this task
- On the navigation menu ( ), click Admin.
- In the Apps section, under QRadar Advisor with Watson™, click Configuration.
- In the Proxy Configuration section, select the Override QRadar Auto Update Proxy Configuration checkbox.
Select the type of secure protocol you want to use for your proxy:
If your proxy server does not require a username and password, select the Disable
Authentication checkbox. If your proxy server does require authentication, complete the
- In the Proxy Server field, type the URL for the proxy server. The proxy server is required if the application server uses a proxy server to connect to the internet.
- In the Proxy Port field, type the port number for the proxy server.
- In the Proxy Username field, type the user name for the proxy server. A user name is required if you are using an authenticated proxy.
- In the Proxy Password field, type the password for the proxy server. A password is required if you are using an authenticated proxy.
- If you have a custom SSL certificate for proxy communication between your QRadar instance and the X-Force® Exchange, select the Enable Custom SSL Certificate Validation checkbox.
Click the file upload icon and select your custom SSL certificate. Only .pem files are
supported. Do not include the private key in the .pem file.
- Click Submit.