Configuring automatic update settings
You can customize the frequency of IBM® QRadar® updates, update types, server configuration, and backup settings.
About this task
You can select the Auto Deploy to automatically deploy updates. If Auto Deploy is not selected, then you must manually deploy changes, from the Dashboard tab, after updates are installed.
You can select Auto Restart Service to allow automatic updates that require the user interface to restart. A user interface disruption occurs when the service restarts. Alternatively, you can manually install the updated from the Check for Updates window.
- On the navigation menu ( ), click Admin.
- In the System Configuration section, click Auto Update.
- Click Change Settings.
On the Basic tab, select the schedule for updates.
In the Configuration Updates section, select the method that you want to
use for updating your configuration files.
- To merge your existing configuration files with the server updates without affecting your custom signatures, custom entries, and remote network configurations, select Auto Integrate.
- To override your customizations with server settings, select Auto Update.
- In the DSM, Scanner, Protocol Updates section, select an option to install updates.
- In the Major Updates section, select an option for receiving major updates for new releases.
- In the Minor Updates section, select an option for receiving patches for minor system issues.
- If you want to deploy update changes automatically after updates are installed, select the Auto Deploy check box.
- If you want to restart the user interface service automatically after updates are installed, select the Auto Restart Service check box.
- In the Configuration Updates section, select the method that you want to use for updating your configuration files.
Click the Advanced tab to configure the update server and backup
In Web Server field, type the web server from which you want to obtain
The default web server is https://auto-update.qradar.ibmcloud.com/.
In the Directory field, type the directory location on which the web
server stores the updates.
The default directory is autoupdates/.
Configure the settings for proxy server.
If the application server uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet, you must configure the proxy server. If you are using an authenticated proxy, you must provide the username and password for the proxy server.
In the Backup Retention Period list, type or select the number of days
that you want to store files that are replaced during the update process.
The files are stored in the location that is specified in the Backup Location. The minimum is one day and the maximum is 65535 years.
- In the Backup Location field, type the location where you want to store backup files.
In the Download Path field, type the directory path location to which
you want to store DSM, minor, and major updates.
The default directory path is /store/configservices/staging/updates.
- In Web Server field, type the web server from which you want to obtain the updates.
- Click Save.