Reinstalling from the recovery partition
You can reinstall IBM® QRadar® products from the recovery partition.
Before you begin
If your deployment includes offboard storage solutions, you must disconnect your offboard storage before you reinstall QRadar. After you reinstall, you can remount your external storage solutions. For more information about configuring offboard storage, see the Offboard Storage Guide.
Warning: Software installations do not come with the recovery partition available, and also these instructions do not apply.
- Restart your QRadar appliance and select Factory re-install.
Type flatten or retain.
The installer partitions and reformats the hard disk, installs the OS, and then reinstalls the QRadar product. You must wait for the flatten or retain process to complete. This process can take up to several minutes. When the process is complete, a confirmation is displayed.
- Log in as the root user.
Ensure that the End User License Agreement (EULA)
Tip: Press the Spacebar key to advance through the document.
- For QRadar Console installations, select the Enterprise tuning template.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the installation.
If you are installing a Console, apply your license key.
Log in to QRadar as the
- Click Login.
- On the navigation menu ( ), click Admin.
- In the navigation pane, click System Configuration.
- Click the System and License Management icon.
- From the Display list box, select Licenses, and upload your license key.
- Select the unallocated license and click Allocate System to License.
- From the list of systems, select a system, and click Allocate System to License.
- Log in to QRadar as the admin user: