Installing RHEL on your system
You can install the Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) operating system on your system to use with IBM® QRadar®.
Download the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Binary DVD from https://access.redhat.com Refer to the Red Hat version table to choose the correct version.
Before you begin
|IBM QRadar version||Red Hat Enterprise Linux version|
|7.4.0||Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server V7.6 Binary DVD|
|7.4.1||Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server V7.7 Binary DVD|
|7.4.2||Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server V7.7 Binary DVD|
|7.4.3||Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server V7.7 Binary DVD|
About this task
You must acquire entitlement to a QRadar Software Node for a QRadar software installation. To acquire entitlement to a QRadar Software Node, contact your QRadar Sales Representative.
If there are circumstances where you need to install RHEL separately, proceed with the following instructions. Otherwise, proceed to Installing a QRadar appliance.
Map the ISO to a device for your appliance by using the Integrated Management Module (IMM) or
the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), or insert a bootable USB drive with the ISO.
For information about creating a bootable USB flash drive, see:
- Insert the portable storage device into your appliance and restart your appliance.
From the starting menu, do one of the following options:
- Select the device that you mapped the ISO to, or the USB drive, as the boot option.
- To install on a system that supports Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI), you must start the system in legacy mode.
- When prompted, log in to the system as the root user.
Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the installation:
- Set the language to English (US).
- Click Date & Time and set the time for your deployment.
- Click Software selection and select Minimal Install.
- Click Installation Destination and select the I will configure partitioning option.
- To encrypt data, check the Encrypt my data checkbox.
- Select LVM from the list.
Click the Add button to add the mount points and capacities for your
partitions, and then click Done. For more information about RHEL7 partitions,
see Linux operating system partition properties for QRadar installations on your own system. To encrypt data complete the following steps:
- Select one of the LVM partitions created.
- Select Modify under the Volume Group section. A pop up console opens for further configuration options.
- Select Encrypt.
- Save the changes.
- Click Network & Host Name.
Enter a fully qualified domain name for your appliance hostname.
Important: The console and managed host (MH) cannot have the same hostname.
- Select the interface in the list, move the switch to the ON position, and click Configure.
- On the General tab, select the Automatically connect to this network when it is available option.
- On the IPv4 Settings or IPv6 Settings tab, select Manual in the Method list.
- For an IPv4 deployment, enter the IP address, Netmask, and Gateway for the appliance in the Addresses field.
- For an IPv6 deployment, enter the IP address, Prefix, and Gateway in the Addresses field.
- Add two DNS servers.
- Click .
- Set the root password, and then click Finish configuration.
- After the installation finishes, disable SELinux by modifying the /etc/selinux/config file, and restart the appliance.
Installing QRadar after the RHEL installation