Configuring a managed host
Configure a managed host to specify which role the managed host fulfills in your deployment. For example, you can configure the managed host as a collector, processor, or a data node. You can also change the encryption settings, and assign the host to a network address translation (NAT) group.
To make network configuration changes, such as an IP address change to your QRadar® Console and managed host systems after you install your QRadar deployment, use the qchange_netsetup utility. If you use qchange_netsetup, verify all external storage which is not /store/ariel or /store is not mounted. For more information about network settings, see the Installation Guide for your product.
Before you begin
Ensure that the managed host has the same IBM® QRadar version and fix pack level as the QRadar Console that is used to manage it. You can't edit or remove a managed host that uses a different version of QRadar.
If you want to enable Network Address Translation (NAT) for a managed host, the network must use static NAT translation. For more information, see NAT-enabled networks.
- On the navigation menu ( ), click Admin.
- In the System Configuration section, click System and License Management.
- In the Display list, select Systems.
Select the host in the host table, and on the Deployment Actions menu,
click Edit Host.
- To create an SSH encryption tunnel on port 22 for the managed host, select the Encrypt Host Connections checkbox.
- To configure the managed host to use a NAT-enabled network, select the Network Address Translation checkbox, and then configure the NAT Group and Public IP address.
- To configure the components on the managed host, click the Component Management settings icon () and configure the options.
- Click Save.
On the Admin tab, click .
Important: QRadar continues to collect events when you deploy the full configuration. When the event collection service must restart, QRadar does not restart it automatically. A message displays that gives you the option to cancel the deployment and restart the service at a more convenient time.