Upgrading QRadar Pulse
To take advantage of new capabilities, defect fixes, and updated workflows, upgrade to new versions of IBM® QRadar® Pulse. Use the Extensions Management tool in IBM QRadar to upgrade your app, or use the QRadar Assistant app to upgrade. You must be an administrator to upgrade to new versions of the app.
You must have an IBM ID to access the App Exchange.
Before you begin
About this task
- Choose one of the following methods to download your app:
- If the IBM QRadar Assistant app is configured on QRadar, use the following instructions to install QRadar Pulse: QRadar Assistant app (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS42VS_latest/com.ibm.apps.doc/c_qradar_adm_assist_app.html).
- If the QRadar Assistant app is not configured, download the QRadar Pulse app archive from the IBM Security App Exchange (https://apps.xforce.ibmcloud.com/) onto your local computer. You must have an IBM ID to access the App Exchange.
If you downloaded the app from the App Exchange, complete the following steps:
- On the QRadar Console, click .
- In the Extension Management window, click Add and select the app archive that you want to upload to the console.
- Select the Install immediately check box.
Important: You might have to wait several minutes before your app becomes active.
- To preview the contents of an app after it is added and before it is installed, select it from the list of extensions, and click More Details. Expand the folders to view the individual content items in each group.
- On the page that prompts you to update the current app version, leave the Replace existing items option selected, and click Install. After the installation is finished, a message displays at the bottom of the page to inform you of any template updates provided from the upgrade.
To load the updated templates, click the message link, or expand the dashboard list in the
upper left corner of the page and click New Dashboard, and then click
Note: You might need to refresh the browser.
- On the Browse Templates page, click Update for each template you want to load into IBM QRadar.