Installing an App Host
You can run apps on an App Host instead of your Console to lessen the processing load on the Console. Install an App Host the same way you would any other managed host for QRadar. You can install an App Host on hardware or in a VM, and as either an appliance install or a software install.
Before you begin
- If you have an App Node and you are upgrading to V7.3.2, see Migrating from an App Node to an App Host.
- This procedure assumes that you are doing an appliance install. For more information about appliance and software installations, see QRadar installations.
- For more information about supported VM environments, see Virtual appliance installations.
- Ensure that all apps on your system are updated.
- Resolve any issues with applications in an error state or not displaying properly.
- Schedule a maintenance window for this task and ensure that users do not do any of the following
during the migration.
- Do not install or uninstall apps.
- Do not do a full deploy.
- Do not do a restore.
- Do not delete the App Host.
- Do not re-IP the Console.
- Type root at the login prompt to start the installation wizard. Type password if you are prompted for a password.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select App Host Appliance for the appliance type.
- For the type of setup, select Normal Setup (default), and set up the time.
Select the Internet Protocol version:
- Select ipv4 or ipv6.
- If you selected ipv6, select manual or auto for the Configuration type.
- Select the bonded interface setup, if required.
- Select the management interface.
- In the wizard, enter a fully qualified domain name in the Hostname field.
- In the IP address field, enter a static IP address, or use the assigned IP address.
- If you do not have an email server, enter localhost in the Email server name field.
Enter a root password that meets the following criteria:
- Contains at least 5 characters
- Contains no spaces
- Can include the following special characters: @, #, ^, and *.
- Click Finish.
Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the installation.
The installation process might take several minutes.
- Add this managed host to your deployment and deploy changes.