Tracking flow data trends over 24 hours
In this example, you learn how to create a time series chart to track all flow data from a specific interface over the last 24 hours.
Click Configure dashboard.
The Configure dashboard screen displays a library of available widgets, with details about each widget.
- Click Create new widget.
- On the New Dashboard Item page, enter Flow data over 24 hours as the name and provide a description.
Select AQL as the data source, set the Refresh
Time to every 5 minutes, and enter the following AQL query in the AQL
select MIN(starttime) as 'Start Time', count(*) as 'Flow Count' from flows GROUP BY starttime/60000 ORDER BY 'Start Time' DESC last 24 HOURS
- Set the Results Limit to 1000, and click Run Query.
- In the Views section of the page, enter Flow Data over 24 hours as the View Name and select Time Series Chart.
- Select Start Time for the Time x-axis and choose Custom Series.
- Select Flow Count for the y-axis.
Click the More options icon.
- Leave the Axis Label as Flow Count.
- Select Linear as the Line shape, and Line as the Line mode.
- Click Save.
- On the Configure dashboard screen, ensure the new widget is selected, and click Save.
The chart might look similar to the following example: