Importing users from a CSV file
You can import user data, directly into the UBA app, from a CSV file.
Before you begin
About this task
You can import user data, directly into the UBA app, from a CSV file. The data is automatically loaded after you upload the file. You cannot reimport the same file and you cannot edit or repoll.
- On the User Imports window, click Add and then click CSV File.
- Upload a CSV file. You can drag or click browse to open the file. Important: The CSV file must be in UTF-8 format must not be greater than 10 MB. It must contain a header that has column names, use commas to delimit, and must contain at least one column with unique data.
- Click Next to open the Other import settings screen.
- If you want to update the reference table with user-imported data, enable
Synchronize reference table. (Available in UBA 3.8.0 and
- In the Reference table name field, enter a name.
- In the Reference table outer key field, select a unique value to group all other attributes.
- Select the Generate map of sets checkbox to make data available for use in rules and searches.
- Click Next to review the summary of the configuration and then click Save.
What to do next
You can add more import configurations or continue tuning your existing import configurations.