Upgrading the QRadar Advisor with Watson app
To take advantage of new capabilities, defect fixes, and updated workflows, upgrade to new versions of QRadar® Advisor with Watson™. Use the Extensions Management tool in QRadar Advisor with Watson to upgrade your app, or use the QRadar Advisor with Watson app to upgrade. You must be an administrator to upgrade to new versions of the app.
Before you begin
Before you upgrade your app, ensure that IBM® QRadar meets the minimum memory (RAM) requirements. The QRadar Advisor with Watson app requires 1424 MB of free memory from the application pool of memory. If the QRadar Advisor with Watson app fails to install, then your application pool does not have enough free memory to run the app.
Make sure that you are on QRadar 7.4.2 or later before you upgrade the QRadar Advisor with Watson app.
About this task
After you complete the upgrade steps, you must deploy the full configuration.
- Upgrade the QRadar Advisor with Watson
- If the QRadar Advisor with Watson app is configured on QRadar, use the following instructions to install the QRadar Advisor with Watson app: Downloading apps with the IBM QRadar Assistant app.
- If the IBM QRadar Assistant app is not configured, download the QRadar Advisor with Watson app archive from the IBM Security App Exchange onto your local computer. You must have an IBM ID to access the IBM Security App Exchange.
- On the navigation menu ( ), click Admin.
- Click Extensions Management.
- In the Extensions Management window, click Browse and select the app archive that you want to upload to the console.
- Select the Install immediately checkbox, and click Add.
- In the window that prompts you to update the current app version, leave the
Replace existing items option selected and click
Install. All of your existing app data remains intact.
Note: If you want to remove all of your settings and previous investigations, uninstall and then reinstall the app.Important: You might have to wait several minutes before your app becomes active.
- On the Admin tab, click .