Installing the QRadar Pulse app
Use the IBM® QRadar® Assistant app to install the IBM QRadar Pulse app archive on your QRadar computer.
Before you begin
Before you install the app, ensure that QRadar meets the minimum memory (RAM) requirements. QRadar Pulse requires 350 MB of free memory from the application pool of memory. If QRadar Pulse fails to install, then your application pool does not have enough free memory to run the app. Consider adding an App Node or an App Host to your QRadar deployment. For more information on calculating the required memory, see Apps and Resource Limitation (https://support content.ibm.com/support/pages/apps-and-resource-limitation)
QRadar V7.3.2 or later use an App Host, which is a managed host, that is dedicated to running apps. App Hosts provide extra storage, memory, and CPU resources for your apps without impacting the processing capacity of your QRadar Console. For more information, see App Hosts.
- Choose one of the following methods to download your app:
- If the IBM QRadar Assistant app is configured on QRadar, use the following instructions to install QRadar Pulse: QRadar Assistant app (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS42VS_SHR/com.ibm.apps.doc/t_qradar_adm_assistant_download.html).
- If the QRadar Assistant app is not configured, download the QRadar Pulse app archive from the IBM Security App Exchange (https://apps.xforce.ibmcloud.com/) onto your local computer. You must have an IBM ID to access the App Exchange.
If you downloaded the app from the App Exchange, complete the following steps:
- On the QRadar Console, click .
- In the Extension Management window, click Add and select the app archive that you want to upload to the console.
- Select the Install immediately check box.
Important: You might have to wait several minutes before your app becomes active.
- To preview the contents of an app after it is added and before it is installed, select it from the list of extensions, and click More Details. Expand the folders to view the individual content items in each group.
- When the installation is complete, clear your browser cache and refresh the browser window to see the Pulse tab.
What to do next
After you install QRadar Pulse, it is displayed as a capability in the User Roles page on the Admin tab. To use the app, a QRadar administrator must assign the app, and any other capabilities that it requires, to a user role. For more information, see Assigning user capabilities for QRadar Pulse.