Installing QRadar Deployment Intelligence
Use the IBM® QRadar® Assistant app to install the IBM QRadar Deployment Intelligence app archive on your QRadar Console.
Before you begin
Before you install the app, ensure that QRadar meets the minimum memory (RAM) requirements. QRadar Deployment Intelligence requires 800 MB of free memory from the application pool of memory. If QRadar Deployment Intelligence fails to install, then your application pool does not have enough free memory to run the app. Consider adding an App Node or an App Host to your QRadar deployment. For more information about calculating the required memory, see Apps and Resource Limitation (https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/885336)
QRadar 7.3.2 or later use an App Host, which is a managed host, that is dedicated to running apps. App Hosts provide extra storage, memory, and CPU resources for your apps without impacting the processing capacity of your QRadar Console. For more information, see App Hosts.
About this task
You must have an IBM ID to access the App Exchange (https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/) and download the app. You can register for an IBM ID at IBM id registration (https://www.ibm.com/account/profile/).
- Choose one of the following methods to download your app:
- If the IBM QRadar Assistant app is configured on QRadar, use the following instructions to install QRadar Deployment Intelligence: QRadar Assistant app (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS42VS_SHR/com.ibm.apps.doc/t_qradar_adm_assistant_download.html).
- If the QRadar Assistant app is not configured, download the QRadar Deployment Intelligence app archive from the IBM Security App Exchange (https://apps.xforce.ibmcloud.com/) onto your local computer. You must have an IBM ID to access the App Exchange.
If you downloaded the app from the App Exchange, complete the following steps:
- On the QRadar Console, click .
- In the Extension Management window, click Add and select the app archive that you want to upload to the console.
- Select the Install immediately checkbox.
Important: You might have to wait several minutes before your app becomes active.
- To preview the contents of an app after it is added and before it is installed, select it from the list of extensions, and click More Details. Expand the folders to view the individual content items in each group.
- When the installation is complete, clear your browser cache and refresh the browser window to see the QDI tab.