Open a dashboard into a separate window; for example, on a SOC wall. Select a specific dashboard to be the default dashboard every time you log in. Pin dashboards or widgets to individual windows.
- Rearrange the layout of widgets and the Parameters card as you like. Resize widgets to emphasize certain ones.
View the widget. Depending on the chart view you use, several options for viewing the chart are
available from the More options menu or as individual icons:
- Refresh the chart content immediately to see changes, instead of waiting for the next scheduled refresh time.
- Toggle the chart settings to see all the available views of the data.
- Open the dashboard data in the corresponding Log Activity or
Network Activity tabs to see more details.Note: If a widget contains parameters with no values, the menu options for Log Activity and Network Activity aren't displayed.
- Zoom or pan the chart to focus your view on specific areas.
- Reset the chart axes after you zoom or pan the chart.
- Scale the size of the chart display in an expanded window, and easily restore the default. Toggle the scale on and off. The scale floats over the bottom of the window while you adjust the scale, and disappears when you move away from the scale.
- Open a widget or dashboard to display in a new window on a SOC monitor.
Pin or unpin a widget or dashboard after you open it in a separate window. Restore all of your
pinned windows after they are closed.
- If a pinned widget or a dashboard contains parameters, the pinned window saves the parameter values at the point in time that the window was pinned.
- If you change the parameter values in the original dashboard or widget, and then close and reopen the pinned window, the parameters in the pinned window aren't affected.
- If you edit the original dashboard or widget to add or delete parameters, and then close and reopen or refresh the pinned window, the parameters in the window are affected. Refresh your window to display the changes.
- If you move the Parameters card of a widget to a different position in an expanded window, and then close and reopen the window, the card returns to the original position.
- To change your workspace color scheme or remove the default IBM®
QRadar® branding that appears
when you open any dashboard or widget in a new window, follow these steps:
- From any dashboard, click .
- Under Theme Options, choose a theme to control the background color and chart colors.
- Set IBM Branding to Disabled.
- Click Close.
Remove widgets from a dashboard when the widgets no longer apply, or
delete dashboards when they no longer apply.
Note: Removing a widget from a dashboard does not delete it from the app. Deleting a dashboard doesn't delete the dashboard's widgets from the app.