Creating an authorized service token for QRadar Operations
You can create an authorized service token to authenticate the background polling service that the Operations app uses to request data from IBM® QRadar®.
About this task
This procedure is optional. If you don't create an authorized service token, requests from the Operations app are made by the user of the app and are limited by that user's permissions.
QRadar on Cloud administrators can learn how to add and manage authorized service tokens by reading Authorized service tokens.
If you're a QRadar on Cloud customer, contact Customer Support to create an authorized service token for you.
- On the Admin tab, click Authorized Services in the User Management section.
- In the Authorized Services window, click Add Authorized Service.
Add the relevant information in the following fields and click Create
- In the Service Name field, type a name for this authorized service. The name can be up to 255 characters in length.
- From the User Role list, select the user role that you want to use.
- From the Security Profile list, select the security profile that you want to assign to this authorized service. The security profile determines the networks and log sources that this service can access on the QRadar user interface.
- In the Expiry Date list, type or select a date that you want this service to expire. If an expiry date is not necessary, select No Expiry.
- Click Create Service.
- Click the row that contains the service you created, select and copy the token string from the Selected Token field in the menu bar, and close the Manage Authorized Services window.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
- In the Operations section of the Admin page, click QRadar Operations.
- Paste the authorized service token string into the SEC Token field and click Save.