Installing the configuration console
Download and install the WinCollect configuration console to manage your stand-alone deployment. You can choose an option to install just the WinCollect patch, if you are deploying WinCollect on a large number of Windows hosts that do not require the configuration console.
Before you begin
- The existing WinCollect agent must be in stand-alone mode before you can install the configuration console. For more information about WinCollect agent installations, see Installing a WinCollect agent from the command prompt.
- .NET framework 3.5 features are required. For information about how to verify .NET installations, see www.ibm.com/support (https://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21701063).
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0 and later is required.
- The WinCollect Stand-alone patch installer supports the following Windows software versions:
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 (most recent)
- Windows 10 (most recent)
- Windows 8 (most recent)
- Windows Vista (most recent)
Important: WinCollect is not supported on versions of Windows that are designated end-of-life by Microsoft. After software is beyond the Extended Support End Date, the product might still function as expected. However, IBM® does not make code or vulnerability fixes to resolve WinCollect issues for older operating systems. For example, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 and Microsoft Windows XP are operating systems that are beyond the "Extended Support End Date." Any questions about this announcement can be discussed in the IBM QRadar® Collecting Windows Events (WMI/ALE/WinCollect) forum. For more information, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search).
- Download the patch software from IBM Support (www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral). onto the Windows host where you want to install the configuration console.
- Open the executable file on your system.
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard. You can select an option to install both the WinCollect configuration console, and the WinCollect patch, or just the patch.