Implementing a factory reset
A factory reset returns the QRadar® Data Synchronization app to its original state, and removes any mapping and configuration changes that were made. A factory reset also removes any Ariel copy profiles and firewall rules that were made.
About this task
Consider implementing a factory reset when you reset your deployment (converting from the destination site to the main site). You might also want to implement a factory reset if you have no other options when you troubleshoot an issue.
- Clears the configuration in the app.
- Clears the mappings that the app tracks.
- Resets any firewall rules that the app configured on the deployment.
- Resets the dr.conf file on the deployment.
- Open the Data Synchronization app menu on the site you want to reset and click Factory reset.
- Read the disclaimer and click Reset to continue. A warning dialog appears stating that the Data Synchronization app and the QRadar appliance will be returned to a state before Data Synchronization app data activation.
- Click Reset to begin the factory reset process. Note: A factory reset resets one site of the paired deployments at a time. You must run the factory reset on both sites.