Inserting a Google Map Marker object to display query results
You can use the Google Map Marker object to display query results as geographic markers on the Google Map object.
Before you begin
The Google Map Marker object properties are defined in the User's reference section of the QMF help.
About this task
The Google Map Markers objects are interactive points on a map.
To display query results as markers:
- When you insert the Google Map object, select Create a map with a component, and then select the Marker option on the Define map content page of the Google Map Wizard. Then click Next.
- Select Yes to display query results as geographic markers on the Google Map object and click Next.
- In the All Data Sources tree, select a table or query, which results you want to use to define markers on the map, and click Next.
- From the Latitude field list, select a column to supply the latitude coordinate for the map markers.
- From the Longitude field list, select a column to supply the longitude coordinate for the map markers.
- From the Caption field list, select a column to populate the labels for the map markers.
- Select the Enable information window check box to allow the users to open an information window when they click the markers on the map.
- From the Information field list, select a column to populate the information windows of the map markers.
- Click Finish to close the Google
Map Wizard and display the Google Map object
with the markers that you added to it in the editor. Tip: To add any other objects to the Google Map object that you created, add a new Data Template to it, and then drag the required object from the Map pallet to the Data Template in the Project Explorer view.