Creating virtual tables
Use virtual tables to process the collected data in the form of relational tables in virtual data sources.
About this task
Virtual tables are stored in virtual data sources. Use them to edit the metadata in a convenient way, specify cache expiration schedules, and work with calculated columns.To create a virtual table:
- From the main menu, select .
- In the New Virtual Table wizard, select the table, virtual table, query, or forecast that you want to use as the virtual table source.
- In the Name field, enter the name for the virtual table.
- From the Data source list, select the virtual data source to that you want to add the table.
- Click Next to specify the structure of the virtual table or click Finish to create a table with default structure and cache settings.