Using the Variables bar to specify property values
You can use the Variables bar to specify a property value. The Variables bar is located in the menu bar.
From the Variables bar, select one of the following options to set the object's property value:
About this task
- a global or local parameter that has been defined for the visual project.
- a column name from a set of query results.
To specify a property value using the Variables bar:
- In the Variables bar, select one
of the following items from the first drop-down list:
- Global parameters populates the second drop-down list with all the global variables that have been defined. Select the global variable that you want to use.
- Local parameters populates the second drop-down list with all the local variables that have been defined. Select the local variable that you want to use.
- One of the queries that has been defined for your project. The names for each of the columns that are included in the query results are listed in the second drop-down list. Select the column name that you want to use.
- Click the Link Variable to Object icon. A red dot appears.
- Pass your mouse over the red dot, and drag the dotted line that appears from the red dot to a property cell that is listed in the Properties view.
- Click the property field. The column or parameter name is inserted as the value for the property that you selected.