Adding primitive objects
Primitive objects are graphic objects such as text, lines, shapes, alignment panels, and pictures.
The following primitive objects are provided:
About this task
- Displays text, with or without a rectangular frame.
- Displays a straight line segment connecting two points.
- Displays one of these image types:
- Graphics Interchange format (.gif)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (.jpeg)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- Displays a rectangle.
- Round Rectangle
- Displays a rectangle with rounded corners. The radius of the curve at the corners is set in the Radius cell in the Properties view.
- Displays a standard ellipse with foci aligned with the x- or y- axis.
- Displays a straight line segment with an arrowhead on one endpoint.
- Double Arrow
- Displays a straight line segment with an arrowhead on each endpoint.
- Displays a series of line segments connecting vertices. The vertices are specified using a PointSet data type.
- Multiple Polyline
- Displays one or more unique polyline objects that are connected or disjointed.
- Displays a series of line segments connecting vertices. The vertices are specified using a PointSet data type, where the final segment connects the first and last vertices.
- Multiple Polygon
- Displays a series of one or more disjointed polygon objects.
- Alignment panel
- Groups multiple objects relative to a single point so they all move in unison when based on a single location value.