Using Prompted tab
Use the Sort conditions pane of the Prompted menu to set sort conditions for tables. The Prompted menu of the Table editor is similar to the Prompted Query editor, except that only the Sort conditions and Row conditions panes are available.
About this task
- Right-click a table in the Workspaces view and select
. The table opens in the editor window.
- Click the Prompted tab.
The Prompted menu opens with only the Sort conditions and Row conditions panes available.
- Click the Add Sort Condition button in the Sort
conditions toolbar. The Sort Conditions window opens.
- Specify the columns that will be used to sort the query results in one of the following
- Select one or more columns from the Columns in the result set list. The Columns in the result set lists the columns that are included in the table. You can select one or more columns if you are adding a sort condition. You can select only one column if you are changing a sort condition.
- Specify a conditional expression in the Or, enter a condition here field. Click the ellipsis (...) to open an expression builder that will help you build the conditional expression. The expression builder offers a palette of common elements used to create SQL expressions, such as column names, constants, functions, and operators. When you click the expression builder buttons, templates for expression elements are inserted into the expression fields.
- Specify the sort direction. Select Ascending to specify that the query results will be sorted in ascending (lowest-to-highest) order. Select Descending to specify that the query results will be sorted in descending (highest-to-lowest) order. The first column is used for the primary sort; subsequent columns will sort within the first.
- Click Add to add the sort condition to the table. If you are changing a sort condition, click Change. Repeat this process for each column that you want included in the sort conditions. When you have finished selecting the columns that will be included in the sort conditions, click Close. The Sort Conditions window closes.