Setting the directory location preference for objects generated by Export actions
You can set preferences in QMF so that objects generated from various QMF actions are exported to a specific location on either the local file system or the server file system.
Before you begin
If you are using QMF for Workstation, create a folder on the local file system.
If you are using QMF for WebSphere®, create a folder on application server file system.
When you set the Server-Side File System preference, you will point to one of these folders.
About this task
This task describes how to specify (through preference settings) the location to which generated objects will be exported.
To set the export directory preference:
- Select View > Preferences and select Server-Side File System from the tree.
- Select the Enable access to the server file system check box.
- Type the path in the Root output directory field
to indicate where generated objects will be exported.
When data and objects are generated by the EXPORT procedure, scheduled tasks (Copy or Execute object) or by event actions such as Export to PDF and Export to Excel, they will be exported to path you specify.
The directory you specify must exist on either the local file system or on the server file system.
- Type the path in the Root input directory field
to indicate the path of the root directory for dynamart source files.
Note: You need to specify a Root input directory path, otherwise the settings are incorrect, and the EXPORT using server-side file system will yield an error.
- Click Apply to save your preferences.
- To restore preferences to the default values, click Restore Defaults.
- Click OK to close the Preferences window.